Sellers in a Buyers Market
How You Can Succeed and Sell Your Home
Today's Vancouver real estate and Richmond real estate market can be a challenging time for sellers - though it does not have to be. Many sellers are used to the way things were done when it was 'their' market. Some have chosen to take their listings down, and others to hold still to last year's pricing. However, just because something has been done one way, does not mean that another way will not work.
There is a way for sellers to have success in the local real estate market and one of the best ways is to seek the help, advice, and services of a Real Estate Professional. The key is finding someone who is trustworthy, and who comes armed with current market knowledge, experience in all types of real estate markets, and someone with the skills to accurately price, describe, market and sell your home.
There are a few key questions to ask yourself when it comes time to sell your home or investment property within the Vancouver or Richmond area:
- How much do I need to sell the property for - this can vary? Perhaps you are trying to move up in the market, or make a profit - these are factors that will contribute to whether now is the right time to sell.
- How much can I reasonably expect to get for my property?
- Are there any improvements that need to be made to my home
- How can we 'stage' the home so that it will sell quickly - remember, first impressions count for a lot in the eyes of a buyer?
- What are the best features of the property. What will help the home sell?
- How will the property be marketed. In past markets, much emphasis was placed on print advertising. Buyers today begin their home buying research online, so it is important that an online presence and marketing strategy be utilized to help sell the home.
Regardless of what type of market real estate analysts claim it to be, it comes down to the fact that there will still be sellers willing to sell. After all, sellers and buyers buy and sell within the same market. With the proper guidance and marketing strategies, a qualified Real Estate Agent can help your home sell quickly and for the best price possible.